Sprinkle the onions over pizza, over pasta, even over mashed potatoes. These will add wonderful flavor to many dishes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red, yellow, or white onion (¾ pound), peeled, trimmed, and cut into ¾-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a 10-inch skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook Over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cool the onion and transfer to a covered container. Refrigerate and use as needed.