- Course: Cold Appetizer, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 24 Times
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 12 ounces fresh buffalo or whole-milk mozzarella
- Sea or kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Whole sprigs of bush basil or fresh basil leaves sliced into thin ribbons
Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into ¼-inch slices and salt and pepper each slice.
To serve, alternate the tomato and cheese slices on a serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the basil. Serve immediately.
© 1997 Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt 1 tablespoon basil leaves per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox