Chocolate, coffee, and cinnamon intertwine in this enticing fondue. Provide assorted sweets-marshmallows, doughnut chunks, or spicy coffeecake cubes—for swirling in the warm sauce.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Cooking for a date
Taste and Texturechocolatey, creamy, rich
Type of Dishchocolate dessert
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon coffeecake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fruitcake, sliced thinly
- Doughnut chunks
- Gingerbread, cut into 1-inch cubes
Cut the chocolates into ½-inch pieces. In a fondue pot over low heat, combine the chocolates, half-and-half, espresso powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Keep warm over low heat.
Arrange the dippers on a serving platter and set it next to the fondue pot. Spear the morsels with fondue forks and swirl them in the warm sauce.
2005 Lou Seibert Pappas