- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 1 Time
Here is an all-Canadian treat — thick slices of back bacon (also called peameal bacon), mopped with a maple and mustard sauce. Stack these slices on a crusty roll along with some grilled onions and serve with an ice-cold ale — heaven... Canadian style.
- ½ cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (50 mL) regular mustard
- 1 lb (500 g) whole back bacon (Canadian bacon) cut into 4 thick slices
- ½ cup (125 mL) melted unsalted butter
Preheat grill to medium-high.
1. In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard and regular mustard. Blend together over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Brush sliced bacon on both sides with melted butter. Place on preheated grill. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently. Baste with mustard sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately.
This maple and mustard sauce is also wonderful with pork tenderloin and grilled sausages.
© 1999, 2007 Kathleen Sloan-McIntosh
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.