- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 28 Times
These folded pizzas have a tasty chicken, pancetta, and vegetable filling.
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the baking sheets
- 6 slices pancetta, chopped
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato paste
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 7 oz (200g) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large beaten egg, to seal
1. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta, chicken, and green pepper and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Divide the dough into four equal portions. Roll out each on a lightly floured work surface into a 9in (23cm) round.
3. Spread the tomato paste over the lower half of each dough round, leaving a ½ in (13mm) border. Divide the filling evenly over the paste, then top with equal amounts of the mozzarella and parsley. Season generously with the pepper.
4. Brush the exposed edges of the dough with the beaten egg. Fold over to enclose the filling, pressing the edges together firmly with your fingers or a fork to seal.
5. Brush with the remaining olive oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden brown. Serve hot.
Fry 1–2 tsp of dried chile flakes in the mix in step 1 for added heat.
Good with a green salad.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is for each calzone, but does not include Basic Pizza Dough. For nutritional information on Basic Pizza Dough, please follow the link above.