- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 12 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This awe-inspiring dish couldn’t be easier to prepare: It’s simply a matter of sprinkling the spices on the salmon steaks and throwing them in the oven. The Cajun flavor enhances the natural taste of the salmon.
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Combine all the spices through the cayenne pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Line a 9 × 12-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, then lightly grease the foil with vegetable oil.
4. Sprinkle half the prepared spice mixture over the top of the salmon steaks. Place the steaks, spiced side down, on the aluminum foil-lined baking pan and sprinkle on the remaining spice mixture.
S. Bake the salmon, uncovered, on the center rack of the oven for 12-14 minutes, until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
6. Serve the fish immediately with wedges of lime, or let it cool about 1 hour and serve at room temperature topped with salsa and garnished with lime wedges.
Nutritional information includes 1 tablespoon of oil for greasing the pan and 6 oz salmon steaks.