- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 1 Time
Can be made ahead of time.
Sautéing the uncooked bulgur and pine nuts in oil before adding the water gives this dish a deeper, toastier flavor.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium-small skillet with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Add the uncooked bulgur and the pine nuts, and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until it gives off a toasty smell. Keep stirring during this process to be sure the bulgur doesn’t burn.
3. Pour in the water and place the lid on the pan. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the second tablespoon of olive oil and the lemon juice, and add a little salt to taste.
5. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and serve warm or at room temperature.
This keeps for up to a week if stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Protein: 4 g / Saturated Fat: 1 g /
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g /
Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g /
Dietary Fiber: 7 g / Calories: 183