- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 24 Times
Combined with nuts and maple syrup this vegetable glistens and reminds us of family gatherings—all the good warm times.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup walnut oil
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Cut an X in the bottom of each Brussels sprout. Steam until tender but still firm.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard together. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss the hot Brussels sprouts with the walnuts and vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
© 1984, 1985 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox