- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 3 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
1. Fill a large mixing bowl with ice cubes and set aside.
2. Combine the egg yolks and sugar in another mixing bowl, and beat until well blended.
3. Combine the cream and milk in a heavy saucepan, and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, and gradually add ½ cup of the hot cream to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Slowly whisk the egg mixture back into the saucepan containing the remaining hot cream, and place the pan over medium-low heat. Whisk constantly until the cream begins to thicken (do not let it boil).
5. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the brandy and salt. Strain the mixture into a small bowl and cool it quickly by placing the bowl in the bowl with the ice cubes. Serve chilled.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.