- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 7 Times
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance spread
Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the bottom with a pinch of salt and heat for 1 minute. Add the oil and heat for 30 seconds, being careful not to let it smoke. This will create a nonstick effect.
Add the kale and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until wilted. Add the stock, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the Earth Balance. Drain the excess liquid. Serve immediately.
© 2009 Tal Ronnen and Melcher Media
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings and on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.