- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 23 Times
Roasted chicken breast, the sweet and tangy flavor of honey mustard, crisp Granny Smith apple slices, fresh spinach leaves, bacon and a sprinkle of blue cheese — this panini will melt in your mouth, leaving you yearning for more.
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) honey mustard
- 4 oz (125 g) roasted chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup (50 ml) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 thin slices Granny Smith apple (unpeeled)
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with oil. Turn rolls over and spread with mustard. On bottom halves, evenly layer with chicken, spinach, blue cheese, apple and bacon. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you happen to have a firm, ripe pear, use it in place of the apple.
I also enjoy this sandwich with crumbled feta cheese instead of the blue cheese.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins