- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 7 Times
The key to making this classic sandwich is to use the very best bacon and bread.
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat, turning once, about 6 minutes, until crisp and brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
2. Lightly toast the bread on both sides.
3. To assemble the sandwich, spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise. Place 4 slices, mayonnaise side up, on the work surface. Top each with equal amounts of the lettuce and tomatoes and 3 bacon slices. Season with the pepper. Top each with the one of the remaining bread slices, mayonnaise-side down. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley