Blonde stocks definitely have more fun.
- 2 pounds chicken backs and necks
- 12 cups mineral or filtered water
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large stockpot.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Strain the stock and discard solids.
4. Refrigerate until ready to use.