- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 6 Times
- 5 pounds fresh black-eyed peas, shelled
- ½ pound fresh pork fatback, cut into 1-inch dice
- 6 small yellow onions, peeled
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Place the shelled peas, fatback, and onions in large pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for several hours, or until the peas are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Chowchow.
© Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.