- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 14 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
People have been known to stand in line at The Black Dog Bakery for these cookies. This recipe makes a lot, so you’ll have plenty of delicious treats to show for your effort, good keepers, and great for a bake sale!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix the fresh ginger with one-half cup of the oil in a food processor until well-minced.
3. In a large mixing bowl blend 3 cups of the sugar, molasses and eggs.
4. Strain the minced ginger/oil mixture, reserving the liquid. Add this liquid, plus the remaining cup of oil to the egg mixture and blend until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl mix together the salt, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, and flour.
6. Add the dry mix to the wet mix and blend well.
7. Either line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, or grease with butter.
8. Scoop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls and roll in the reserved cup of granulated sugar.
9. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for about eight to twelve minutes, just until the tops crack and the cookies are flat.
10. Cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!
Remember to reserve 1 cup of sugar to roll the finished balls of cookie dough in before baking.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 2 cookies, total of 8 dozen for the recipe.