- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 7 Times
My friend Betty serves this rich, aromatic punch at her terrific parties. We’re all happy for the invitation!
- 5 cups cider
- 24 whole cloves
- 4 small cinnamon sticks (2 inches each)
- 4 cups grape juice
- ½ cup lemon juice, preferably fresh
- 2 quarts ginger ale (not chilled)
- 3 oranges, thinly sliced
1. Place the cider in a large saucepan and add the cloves and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the grape and lemon juices, stir, and pour into a punch bowl.
3. Pour in the ginger ale and stir gently. Add the orange slices.
© 1983 (as Drinks without Liquor), 1999 Jane Brandt