This cheesecake bursts with the flavor of three different kinds of berries folded into the batter.
- 1½ (375 mL) cups butter cookie crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 packet (¼ oz/7.5 g) powdered unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup (50 mL) milk
- 2 packages (each 8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping (35%) cream, whipped
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries, crushed
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blackberries, crushed
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries, crushed
- Classic Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed berries (such as strawberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 9-inch (23 cm) cheesecake pan, ungreased, or springform pan with 3-inch (7.5 cm) sides, greased
1. Crust: In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
2. Filling: Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan and let stand for 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Slowly mix in dissolved gelatin. Mix in lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream by hand. Fold in crushed berries.
4. Pour over frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating or serving. Run a hot knife around edge of pan to loosen.
5. Decoration: Ice top of cake with Classic Whipped Cream Topping or pipe rosettes around top of cake, if desired. Garnish with berries.