- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 5 Times
A favorite among many of my customers, family, and friends. The cobbler like topping over a thick layer of berries is hard to resist. These won’t last long in the house! Our favorite berry combination at Flying Apron is raspberries and blueberries.
- 5 cups gluten-free oats, divided
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups mixed berries
- ¼ cup corn flour or arrowroot powder
1. Place 2 cups of the oats in a food processor and pulse until the oats resemble fine oat bran. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the reserved oat flour, the remaining 3 cups oats, and the brown rice syrup, ¼ cup of the maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and vanilla until thoroughly combined, about 3 minutes.
4. Firmly press two-thirds of the dough onto a 9- by 12-inch baking sheet. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes.
5. While the dough is baking, combine the berries, corn flour, and the remaining ¼ cup of the maple syrup in a medium-size bowl.
6. Evenly distribute the berry mixture over the baked oat crust. Crumble the remaining one-third of the dough over the berries, pressing it down firmly. Bake until a golden crust forms, about 40 minutes.
© 2009 Jennifer Katzinger
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox