- Course: Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 118 Times
Not just beautiful to look at, this salad is elegant, sweet-n-tangy and super nutritious. Sweet beets and tart apples tossed in a dressing that boasts yogurt, honey and crumbled goat cheese. Is your mouth watering yet? Top that off with the stellar crunch of roasted pistachios and you'll be making this dish for a variety of occasions! An excellent partner for roast chicken or pork.
- 2 cups sliced canned or jarred beets (not pickled)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted and shelled pistachios
In a large bowl, combine the beets and apples. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey and vinegar. Fold in goat cheese. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add dressing to beet mixture and toss to combine. Top salad with pistachios just before serving.
© 2014 Robin Miller
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt and is based on using 2 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox