This topping will work as an accompaniment to nearly any cake if you want to skip making a buttercream. It’s never wrong to serve dessert with homemade whipped cream!
- Heavy cream, 2 cups
- Confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon
- Standing mixer
1. Place the mixing bowl and wire whip attachment from a standing mixer in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to chill.
2. Sift the confectioners’ sugar to remove any lumps.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in the chilled bowl and whip on medium to medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until medium peaks form.
4. Remove the bowl and lightly whip by hand with a whisk to the desired stiffness.