- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 18 Times
Marinate the ribs overnight before baking, if you wish.
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- One 14.5 oz (411g) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chile sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4½ lb (2kg) pork spare ribs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Rub the chutney through a sieve into a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, chile sauce, soy sauce, paprika, and garlic and mix well.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Combine the ribs and chutney mixture into a large roasting pan, overlapping the ribs. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour.
3. Baste the ribs and continue baking, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, until tender. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into individual ribs, then pile onto a serving platter.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.