- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 37 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
I suppose I could wax eloquent for paragraphs on the delights of this recipe, but, quite simply, I believe it is the most exquisite banana bread in the whole world.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and lightly flour a 9 × 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place the raisins and rum together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Sift all the dry ingredients and spices together and add to the butter mixture alternately with the mashed banana, stirring well after each addition.
5. Gently fold in the macadamia nuts, coconut, and raisins with rum. Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Bake the bread until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve at room temperature in thick slices.
This recipe serves 12.