Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Spinach
You can make this dish with a whole chicken cut up or chicken breast if you prefer. It’s one of my weeknight quick dinners.
Serves4 to 6
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationmain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Textureherby, juicy, meaty, savory, winey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, washed and drained
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Toss with the tomatoes and vinegar and season with salt, pepper and about half the marjoram and rosemary and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until lightly brown. Remove the chicken form the pan and keep warm.
Add the wine, scraping up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan and cook until it reduces by half, about 2 minutes.
Add the broth and cook, stirring occasionally until it reduces by half, about 5 minutes.
5. Return the cooked chicken to the pan along with any liquid they have released, reduce the heat to low. Stir in the spinach and remaining herbs. Cook until the chicken is warmed through and the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes.
6. Serve warm with the chicken on top of the spinach and the sauce spooned over and around it.
2016 Sara Foster