- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 22 Times
Delicate trout enhanced with citrus and a nutty texture
- 4 trout, cleaned and rinsed
- 2 lemons, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup sliced natural almonds
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Butter a shallow baking dish. Make a few diagonal slashes about ¼ in (5mm) deep on both sides of each fish. Arrange the fish side by side and tuck the lemon slices into the slashes.
2. Drizzle 2 tbsp of melted butter over the fish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add the wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Mix in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the fish to plates, spoon the almond mixture on top, and serve.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox