When dinner needs to be on the table fast, you can rely on this colorful and flavorful dish. You have the option of spooning the shrimp onto a bed of rice or orzo, or just using crusty bread to soak up the juice.
- 4 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ pounds large (21–25 count) shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes in juice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or oregano
PREP: Chop white and green parts of scallions. Finely chop garlic. Peel and devein shrimp.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until scallions wilt, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a boil. Cook until tomato juices thicken, about 5 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
2. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
3. Bake until cheese melts and shrimp are firm and opaque, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with dill and serve hot.