- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 19 Times
When dinner needs to be on the table fast, you can rely on this colorful and flavorful dish. You have the option of spooning the shrimp onto a bed of rice or orzo, or just using crusty bread to soak up the juice.
- 4 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ pounds large (21–25 count) shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes in juice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or oregano
PREP: Chop white and green parts of scallions. Finely chop garlic. Peel and devein shrimp.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until scallions wilt, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a boil. Cook until tomato juices thicken, about 5 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
2. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
3. Bake until cheese melts and shrimp are firm and opaque, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with dill and serve hot.
My favorite brands of tomatoes are organic and use naturally derived citric acid in the processing. Get the convenient chopped tomatoes in juice, which come in many different versions—fire-roasted or plain, with jalapeños, with basil and garlic, or with Italian seasonings.
© 2005 Leslie Revsin
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox