Baked Horseradish-Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
This is my classic macaroni and cheese with just a bit of a bite from the horseradish to offset the richness. It is, as it has always been, easy to put together. My mom used to do it early in the morning and then throw the casserole in the oven just as we began asking "When’s dinner?" I can still remember the browning cheesy smell that would fill the house.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
One Pot MealYes
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course
Taste and Texturecheesy, creamy, hot & spicy, savory
Type of Dishbaked pasta
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ½ pound dried elbow macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound horseradish Cheddar cheese, grated
2006 Dilcon, Ltd.