- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 9 Times
This treatment is a great way to dress up a precooked smoked ham for a holiday table.
- One 4- to 5-pound boneless ham, fully cooked
- ½ to 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Position the oven racks so that the top rack is 4 to 5 inches below the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to convection bake at 300°F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the ham in the pan.
2. Place the pan on the top rack and bake for 1 hour. Take the ham out of the oven and smear it with a generous coating of mustard. Mix the bread crumbs, brown sugar, and ginger together and pat a generous coating evenly over the whole ham.
3. Return the ham to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Ham with Ancho-Honey Mustard Glaze
Bake the ham for 1½ hours at 300°F, then coat with a mixture of 1 cup honey, ¼ cup Dijon mustard, and 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder (see page 206), and continue baking for 5 to 10 more minutes, until the glaze is shiny.
© 2005 Beatrice Ojakangas
Nutritional information is based on using a 4 pound boneless ham.