- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 46 Times
This is a tasty and unusual way of cooking delicate flounder or sole.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bacon slices, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 4 flounder fillets, 6 oz (175g) each
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Heat the oil in a flameproof roasting pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and scallions, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the flounder, skin side down, baste with the oil, and season with pepper.
2. Bake for 15 minutes, basting once or twice. Transfer each fillet to a plate. Drain the bacon and scallions in a sieve.
3. Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat about 2 minutes, until golden brown. Add the reserved bacon and scallions with the lemon juice, and stir in the parsley. Spoon over the fish and serve immediately.
Nutritional Benefits: low GI
Good with stir-fried or steamed vegetables, such as spinach, green beans, or carrots.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley