- 4 chicken breasts, preferably free-range or organic, skin removed
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons preserved or fresh ginger, finely chopped
- A small bunch of fresh basil
- 9-ounce package of egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 zucchini, cut into long, thin strips using a peeler
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 heads bok choy, sliced
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Score the chicken breasts in a criss-cross pattern to about 1cm deep. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the chicken breasts. Leave to marinate in the mixture for at least 30 minutes, or longer if possible.
Soak the noodles in boiling water for 1 minute or until separated. Scrape the marinade from the chicken breasts and reserve it.
Heat the sesame oil in a pan until very hot and fry the chicken breasts in the oil for a couple of minutes until golden. Add the sesame seeds and toast for 30 seconds until browned slightly. Throw the zucchini, pepper and bok choi into the same pan with the rest of the marinade, then stir in the drained noodles. Season well and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven until cooked through.