- Course: Hors D'oeuvre, Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 69 Times
- ¼ pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 large ripe tomato-peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 medium-size ripe avocados
- 20 thin slices sprouted wheat bread
In a small bowl, cream the butter with the cilantro. Lightly butter each slice of bread.
Spread a little of the tomato on 10 slices of the bread and dust with the bacon. Thinly slice the avocados and arrange over the bacon.
Top each sandwich with a slice of buttered bread. Trim the crusts and cut in half diagonally.
Pack in an airtight container, covered with damp paper towels. Close tight until ready to serve.
© Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 20 servings.