- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 2 Times
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup peeled, julienned steamed carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fish soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken:
Season chicken with all of the above and steam in bamboo basket over pan of simmering water for about 12 - 15
minutes. Then slice thinly and toss in vinaigrette.
For the Vinaigrette:
Combine all of the below in a bowl and whisk.
For the Vegetables:
Whisk lime juice, fish soy sauce, sesame oil, black sesame seeds. Then add all vegetables and combine. Mould some vegetables on plate, top with chicken, then more vegetable mixture. Drizzle any extra juices around the plate and serve.
© 2014 Jon Ashton
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings using two 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts. Nutritional information does not include salt and pepper to taste.