- Course: Cold Appetizer
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 11 Times
Cucumber slices combine well with the flavor of smoked salmon.
- 2 large cucumbers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14 oz (400g) smoked salmon, cut into long strips
- 1 lime, cut into 12 wedges, to garnish (optional)
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
1. To make the dressing, shake the vinegar, oil, cilantro, fish sauce, chili sauce, and garlic in a jar.
2. With a vegetable peeler, slice the cucumber lengthwise into ribbons, discarding the center core of seeds. Place in a bowl.
3. 10 minutes before serving, pour the dressing over the cucumber and season with salt and pepper.
4. Mound equal amounts of cucumber on individual plates, and arrange the smoked salmon strips on top. Sprinkle with black pepper and garnish with lime wedges (if using).
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.