- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 11 Times
The delicate flavor of lavender flowers gives this dish a surprising and delightful taste. This was a huge hit at the first No-Cook Cooking demonstration I gave. If you have trouble finding lavender flowers, try a tea merchant or specialty tea shop. You’ll also find suppliers on the Internet.
- 3 to 4 apples, depending on the size (Royal Gala, Empire, Fuji or other baking apples)
- 11⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers
Lightly butter shallow a microwave-safe dish.
1. Peel the apples, cut them in half, then core them and slice them into 6 to 8 slices. Spread them out over the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the vanilla, sugar, sherry, cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, and half the lavender flowers. Cook at 100% power for about 7 minutes or until the apples are softened and pierce easily with a knife.
2. Transfer the apples to a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining lavender flowers.
Tools and Equipment: Pastry brush, shallow microwave-safe dish, vegetable peeler, knife, cutting board, measuring spoon
Angela’s Tip:Don’t have a pastry brush for buttering the dish? Use a piece of parchment paper to spread the butter.
Apples, 3 to 4 depending on the size (Royal Gala, Empire, Fuji, or other baking apples)
© 2007 Eat Like a Millionaire Omnimedia, Inc.
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings and using 3 apples.