- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 16 Times
Fresh ingredients and pantry staples create a beautiful and nutritious dinner on the fly. This dish is equally delicious—if not more so—the next day.
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces stemmed chard, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chiffonade
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Optional garnish: 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1. Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cook until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until golden. Add the bell pepper and sauté for 2 minutes or until it becomes slightly tender. Add the chard and sauté for 2 minutes, or until the chard is tender but retains its bright color.
3. Add the tomatoes and heat through. Add the nutritional yeast and the reserved pasta water. Stir and heat the sauce until it comes together. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the reserved pasta, basil, and lemon zest. Serve immediately garnished with pine nuts, if using.
© 2011 Betsy DiJulio
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving and does not include optional Garnish.