- Course: Cold Appetizer, Main Course
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 40 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
A refreshing chilled soup.
1. Break the bread into pieces and place in a bowl. Add the oil and vinegar, mix well, let stand for about 10 minutes, until softened.
2. Purèe the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, onion, and garlic with ½ cup water in a food processor. Add the bread and process. Season.
3. Transfer to a bowl and chill at least 2 hours. Ladle into bowls and top each with hard-boiled eggs, ham, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox