- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 21 Times
Another great recipe from my talented cousin, Molly. This salad is filling, but fruity. Kale is a great source of folic acid and vitamins A and C.
- 1 15-oz. can (about 1½ cups) black beans
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ½ bunch kale, cleaned, dried and finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (or a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved)
- ½ cup Jack cheese, finely cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small jicama, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ mango, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Warm and season black beans with salt and a tablespoon of cumin in a sauté pan over medium heat. Put aside.
2. Toss all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Top with beans and creamy dill dressing .
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.