A Salad That Eats Like a Meal
Another great recipe from my talented cousin, Molly. This salad is filling, but fruity. Kale is a great source of folic acid and vitamins A and C.
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe CourseMain Course
Dietary ConsiderationHealthy, Vegetarian
Taste and TextureCheesy, Creamy, Crisp, Fruity, Herby, Savory, Spiced, Sweet
Type of DishMain Course Salad
- 1 15-oz. can (about 1½ cups) black beans
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ½ bunch kale, cleaned, dried and finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (or a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved)
- ½ cup Jack cheese, finely cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small jicama, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ mango, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Warm and season black beans with salt and a tablespoon of cumin in a sauté pan over medium heat. Put aside.
Toss all other ingredients together in a large bowl.
Top with beans and creamy dill dressing .
2007 Domenica Catelli